Commencement information for guests
Congratulations to your student! We hope you can celebrate with us on May 11 at the Credit Union 1 Arena in Chicago.
The Credit Union 1 Arena—formerly the UIC Pavilion—is located roughly 1.5 miles northeast of the UIC College of Nursing. (MAP)
- There is parking in the Credit Union 1 Arena Garage and the lots immediately South of the Credit Union 1 Arena.
- Parking will be free the day of the event.
- Handicapped parking is available in both areas.
- Tickets are not required for guests for the commencement ceremony.
- There is no defined limit to the number of guests each graduate can invite, though limited seating suggests four to five is appropriate.
- Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors to the Credit Union 1 Arena will open at 1:30 p.m. and no earlier.
- Guests needing assistance can see any Credit Union 1 Arena staff member.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The Credit Union 1 Arena will not have concessions available during the ceremony.
Photography & Webcasting
- Photography services will be provided by GradImages.
- An individual photograph will be taken of each graduate as they receive their diploma cover and after they leave the stage.
- Restrooms are located in the Credit Union 1 Arena and are only accessible after doors have opened.
- Chicago weather is at best unpredictable; rain or shine, the ceremony and reception will take place!
- Temperature inside the Credit Union 1 Arena may be cooler than some may find comfortable; please plan accordingly.