Julie & Mark Zerwic Diversity Award
The Julie & Mark Zerwic Diversity Award is as an annual award to recognize an individual who has made a significant contribution to support diversity and foster equity and inclusion within a department, college, university and/or community.
All UIC College of Nursing faculty, staff, and students are eligible. Preference will be given to nominees whose work on diversity and inclusion has not been previously recognized through similar awards.
Submissions are due each year on April 1
Nomination should include the following information:
1). Two letters of support, not to exceed two pages per letter, describing:
- Nominee’s qualifications and contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- How these contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and efforts to promote them go beyond expected faculty, staff and/or student role; and
- Why this nominee is deserving of this award.
2). Nominee’s recent Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
Include a description of activities that are examples of the nominee’s work towards supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All nominations and supporting materials will be held in confidence. The Equity and Inclusion Committee will select the winner of the award. Members of the Equity and Inclusion Committee who submitted letters of support or have conflict of interest will recuse themselves from voting. In addition, if a member of the Equity and Inclusion Committee is one of the nominees, the nominee will not participate in the review or selection process.
- 2021 – Alysha Hart, PhD ‘20, APRN, NP-C; UIC College of Nursing
- 2020 – Elaine C. Hardy, PhD ’11, RN; UIC College of Nursing
- 2019 – Charese A. Jackson, MPA; UIC College of Nursing