Need Nurses Now
UIC Nursing's ambassadors program engages alumni as advocates for the college with prospective students for all degree programs.
Our college is built on a tradition of academic excellence, the proof of which is in the lives and careers of our alumni. Now, alumni can ensure that we continue to educate the best future nurse leaders by volunteering to join our Need Nurses Now program. In it, alumni share their UIC Nursing pride by encouraging exceptional prospective students to apply to and enroll in the UIC College of Nursing.
As an ambassador in the Need Nurses Now program, you will interact one-on-one with prospective students in your community, providing the attention and encouragement that can make the difference between that student choosing UIC Nursing or another school. Sharing your memories of being a student and your perspective as a graduate is the most important part of the program.
- The program runs August 1 to January 15
- Interested alumni can apply when the form opens in early May
We’ll give you all the guidance and support needed to become a successful ambassador. Here are ways you can help:
- Share our handouts with your high school alma mater and local high schools/community colleges in your area
- Share handouts with your employer’s HR/recruitment office
- Share handouts/info with colleagues
- Help promote UIC Nursing by communicating with prospective students
- Share names with us of prospective students that our admissions team can contact