End of Life Care: Exploring the Role of the Nurse and Challenges to Care
July 14, 2023
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
845 S. Damen Ave., Chicago, IL 60612
$25 (includes lunch)
CalendarDownload iCal File
- Khadijat Adeniyi, APRN, FNP-BC, ACHPN, Supportive & Palliative Care Team, UI Health
- Miriam Correa, APRN, AGPCNP-BC, ACHPN, Supportive & Palliative Care Team, UI Health
To empower nurses to be able to provide quality end of life care, and to provide resources for ongoing support.
- Discuss what the end of life is, and identify clinical manifestations of the dying process
- Discuss what goals are for end-of-life care
- Discuss the nursing role when caring for patient at the end of life
- Discuss common symptoms and medications used to alleviate them
- Registered Nurses in all specialties
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Nursing Students
Criteria for Successful Completion:
Participants must attend the full event and complete a pre- and post-activity onsite test to receive 1.3 contact hours.
No relevant financial relationships were identified for any individuals with the ability to control content of the activity.
Questions about the activity and continuing education hours should be directed to Diandra Scorza, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org. See criteria for successful completion. University of Illinois College of Nursing is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Jun 5, 2023
Jun 16, 2023