UIC Diabetes & Obesity Research Day
October 8, 2019
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
909 S. Wolcott Ave., Moss Auditorium, Chicago, IL 60612
CalendarDownload iCal File
- Judith G. Regensteiner, PhD, Professor & Director, Center for Women’s Health Research, Univ. Colorado, Aurora
- Franck Mauvais-Jarvis, MD, PhD, Professor & Director, Tulane Diabetes Research Program Tulane University
- Pingwen Xu, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrine, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Deborah Clegg, PhD, Distinguished Scientist in Residence, American University, Washington, DC
- noon-1 p.m. – Medical Grand Rounds: Judith Regensteiner, PhD: “Why Sex Differences Matter: Diabetes & Cardiovascular Risk”
- 1-2:30 p.m. – Poster Session & Lunch: Faculty Alumni Lounge, CMW 119, 1819 W. Polk
- 2:30-3 p.m. – Rapid Fire - Selected Short Talks*
- 3-3:20 p.m. – Pingwen Xu, PhD: "Central Effects of Estrogens on Energy Homeostasis"
- 3:20-3:30 p.m. – Break
- 3:30-4:10 p.m. – Franck Mauvais-Jarvis, MD, PhD: “Diabetes is Different in Women: Insights from
- 4:10-4:15 p.m. – Poster Awards
- 4:15-4:55 p.m. – Deborah Clegg, PhD: "Cross Hormone Therapy in Transgender Individuals: Cardiometabolic Health and Glucose Homeostasis"
Abstracts for Poster Presentation
Submit via email by noon, Sept. 29. Minimum 250 words.
Short Talks by Trainees/Junior Faculty
Submit abstract by noon, Sept. 8.
For more information about registration or submissions, contact Pam Terrell, email@example.com.
Sep 6, 2019
Sep 6, 2019