Mission, Vision and Goals
The UIC College of Nursing is guided by these principles. Heading link
The UIC College of Nursing’s mission is to transform health and healthcare for all individuals through community-driven collaborations that promote equity and social justice. We will achieve the highest level of excellence in nursing education, research, practice, and service by leading innovation and discoveries that advance health of all populations locally, nationally, and globally.
Our vision is to be a preeminent leader in advancing global health and nursing.
- Develop a diverse, collaborative, intellectual community. (Read the college’s official statement on equity and inclusion.)
- Prepare and enable nurses to lead change to advance local and global health
- Develop innovative educational models to accelerate the development of highly competent clinicians and scholars.
- Generate knowledge that has a lasting impact on health, healthcare, and policy.
- Build faculty excellence in teaching, scholarship, practice and service.
- Build staff excellence in administration and delivery of college programs and products.
- Commit to and partner for knowledge, discovery, and discovery learning.
- Strive for and motivate adherence to high standards and competence.
- Model and promote diversity, trust, and respect.
- Enact and enable compassion, caring, and sensitivity.