Nominations sought for Julie & Mark Zerwic Diversity Award
The UIC College of Nursing is looking for nominations for its Julie & Mark Zerwic Diversity Award, which recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to support diversity and foster equity and inclusion within a department, college, university and/or the community.
The annual award includes a cash gift and a commemorative plaque presented at the award ceremony in fall 2019. During the ceremony, the awardee will give a presentation describing their philosophy and history of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Nominations will be accepted through Sept. 16. Preference will be given to nominees whose work on diversity and inclusion has not been previously recognized through similar awards.
Nominations should include the following information:
- Two letters of support, not to exceed two pages per letter, describing:
- Nominee’s qualifications and contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- How these contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion and efforts to promote them go beyond expected faculty, staff and/or student roles; and
- Why the nominee is deserving of this award.
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
Nominations should also include a description of activities that are examples of the nominee’s work towards supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted to Caitlyn Cannatello, email@example.com, in the dean’s office by the Sept. 16 deadline.