Susan Schory, MEd, BSN, RNC-OB
Visiting Clinical Instructor
Department of Human Development Nursing Science
Building & Room:
845 S. Damen Ave., MC 802, Chicago, IL 60612
Susan has 25 years of experience in Women's Health as clinical staff and nursing educator in both normal and high risk labor and delivery. Her area of expertise is OB simulation-based education, and she is certified in in-patient obstetrics.
Susan has a special interest in global health and nursing volunteerism. She served with the Red Cross in Southern Mississippi in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, collaborated with women's healthcare providers in Cameroon to promote the United Nations Millennium Development Goals, and most recently spent 5 months as visiting faculty in Wuhan China, focusing on obstetric simulation and curriculum integration as well as quality and safety.
- Schory, S., Simulation Exemplar – China. Foisy-Doll, C. & Leighton, L. . Simulation champions: Fostering courage caring and connection. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Inc
- Xia, S., Yang, B., Chen, X., Petrini, M. A., Schory, S. A., & Liu, Q. (2016). Application and effects of a disaster nursing simulation training for Chinese undergraduates. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 6(10). doi:10.5430/jnep.v6n10p8
- 2011 Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses convention, innovative program presentation; “Obstetrical Nurses and Matters of the Heart: A Successful Collaboration In the Development of a Basic ECG Recognition Course for OB Nursing Practice (Denver, CO)
- Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. Obstetrical Nurses and Matters of the Heart: A Successful Collaboration in the Development of a Basic ECG Recognition Course for OB Nursing Practice Volume 40, Issue Supplement s1, JUN 2011
- Podium Presentation 2012 Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses convention; “Beyond Our Borders: Insights from Our International Nursing Colleagues” (Washington D.C)