Those who serve on our Alumni Board give the college the priceless gift of their time and their experience.
The College of Nursing Alumni Board encourages our alumni—numbering more than 13,000—to stay connected by supporting the mission and vision of the college and the priorities of the Office of Advancement. Board activities focus on alumni and student engagement and philanthropy, as well as advocating for and increasing visibility for the college in the nursing profession. All UIC Nursing graduates, as well as current students, are eligible to join.
Our current Alumni Board
- PRESIDENT: Janet M. Spunt, MS ’83, BSN ’74, RN – Retired
- VICE PRESIDENT: Yolanda A. Coleman, PhD ’12, MS, RN, MT (ASCP), ACHE, NEA-BC – System Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, Sinai Health System
- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT: Patricia Lewis, PhD ’93 – Retired Director of UIC Nursing-Rockford Campus
- TREASURER: Noor Bader, BSN ’17, RN – Registered Nurse, Advocate Christ Medical Center & current CRNA Student, Rush University
- SECRETARY: Coleen Smith, BSN’86
MEMBERS AT LARGE
- Amera Al-Ali, BSN ’16, RN – Registered Nurse & Certified Pediatric Nurse, Pulmonary/Infectious Disease Department, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Margaret Beaman, PhD’87, MSN ’82, BSN ’78, RN – Retired Faculty Member, California State University San Bernardino
- Sabina Dambrauskas, MS ’76, BSN ’68, CNM – Retired
- Alina Kraynack, DNP ’17, MS ’15, RN, APHN-BC – Women’s Health Consultant, Minnesota Department of Health
- Linda L. Olson, PhD ’95, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN – Consultant, Nursing Education and Research & Board Member, ANA Ethics and Human Rights Advisory Board
- Harlene Pearlman, MS ’95, RN, CDE – Diabetes Nurse Educator, West Suburban Medical Center
- Beena Peters, DNP ’07, MS ’94, RN, FACHE, FABC – Chief Nursing Officer, Cook County Health and Hospitals System
- Laurie Quinn, PhD ’96, RN, FAAN, FAHA, CDE – Clinical Professor, UIC College of Nursing
- Joan Borsdorf Ruppman, MS ’83, RN – Retired
- Noelle Gancero, BSN ’17 – Registered Nurse, AMITA Health Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Interested in board membership?
All UIC Nursing graduates, as well as current students, are eligible to join the UIC Nursing Alumni Board.