Thirteen “40 under 40” honorees affiliated with UIC Nursing
The UIC College of Nursing counts 13 alumni, faculty members and students among the Illinois Nurses Foundation’s 2020 list of “40 Under 40 Emerging Nurse Leaders.”
UIC Nursing-affiliated honorees this year:
- Hiba Abbas, current DNP student
- Anna Baboulas, DNP ’20, BSN ‘15
- Minseung Chu, DNP ’19, clinical assistant professor
- Veronica Galvalisi, MS ’15
- Christy Gomez, MS ’13
- Thao Griffith, PhD ’17, BSN ’12
- Thomas Houchins, current DNP student
- Sara McPherson, clinical assistant professor
- Emma Oanes, DNP ’20
- Isis Reyes, BSN ’09
- Susan Tracy, current DNP student, visiting clinical instructor
- Bernard Vonderhaar, DNP ’18, visiting clinical nurse practice educator/visiting clinical instructor
- Rebecca Vortman, DNP ’17, clinical assistant professor
In addition, Maura Conlin and Lindsey Menard, both nurses practicing at UI Health, are on the list of honorees.
Winners were chosen by a panel of their peers based on their achievement in the profession, their leadership, and their community- and association-involvement. A virtual celebration to honor the awardees will be held on Sept. 17.
Since the “40 Under 40” program’s inception in 2015, more than 28% of honorees have been alumni, faculty and/or students at the UIC College of Nursing.