UIC nurses come together at 2022 REUNION
REUNION 2022 news story Heading link
Graduates of the UIC College of Nursing returned to their alma mater Saturday for REUNION 2022.
Alumni came from near and far to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the class of 1972, honor the 2022 alumni award recipients, and reunite with former professors and classmates of any year.
The popular panel of alumni nurse leaders returned in 2022, kicking off the day-long program. The panel discussion, title “Innovative Nursing Education and Emerging from the Pandemic,” featured:
- Terese “Terri” Ann Burch, PhD ’89, Professor Emerita, California State University, San Bernardino
- Susan Kilroy, PhD ’20, Clinical Assistant Professor, UIC College of Nursing
- Beena Peters, DNP ’17, MS ’94, System Chief Nurse Executive, Cook County Health
Dean Eileen Collins, PhD, RN, FAAN, ATSF, moderated the discussion.
Following the panel discussion, 10-year, 25-year and 50-year alumni received special recognition, along with all UIC Nursing graduates from years ending in 2 or 7.
The Alumni Recognition Ceremony culminated with presentation of the annual Distinguished Alumni Award and Outstanding Alumni Achievement Awards. Recipients of the 2022 awards were:
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Sue Penckofer, PhD ’93, MS ’82, BSN ’79, RN, FAAN, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing at Loyola University Chicago
Outstanding Alumni Achievement Award
- Sarah Ailey, PhD ’02, MS ’98, BSN ’96, FAAN, CDDN, PHNA-BC, CNE, College of Nursing at Rush University
- Lilian Ferrer, PhD, MS ’00, MSc, NM, FAAN, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile