AGMS Transition Program
AGMS transition program Heading link
The AGMS transition program is a route of entry to the Advanced Generalist Master of Science degree program for students with an RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing. What you need to know:
- Transition students are required to take up to four additional courses, the precise number of which is determined upon admission.
- All transition courses are delivered online in eight-week modules taught by UIC Nursing faculty.
- Students are assessed graduate student tuition/fees, and course credits are applied the same as graduate degree courses.
- All required transition courses are to be completed during the first fall/spring semesters following admission to the College of Nursing and before beginning any coursework in the AGMS degree.
The transition courses are as follows:
- NURS 212: Health Assessment & Communication
- NURS 232: Concepts in Professional Nursing
- NURS 312: Nursing Research & Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice
- NURS 352: Population-Focused Nursing
Need More Information? Heading link
Submit this form and an Enrollment Advisor will contact you to answer your questions.
Graduate Form Heading link