Requirements Heading link
The following criteria must be met in order for your application to the Graduate-Entry MS program to receive full consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (any field)
- Most successful applicants have a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of their first undergraduate degree*
- 2.50/4.00 GPA in the four science prerequisites, and at least 2 out of the 4 science prerequisite courses completed, on the uploaded transcripts, by the application deadline of Jan. 15
- Completion of 18 semester hours of prerequisite coursework by the end of the spring semester before you start the program
- Official GRE test scores are required of applicants who had less than a 3.25/4.00 cumulative GPA in their most recently earned (baccalaureate or graduate) degree OR who have a baccalaureate degree in progress. Cumulative GPAs are calculated directly from submitted transcripts. The GRE is waived for applicants with a 3.25/4.00 GPA in their most recently earned (baccalaureate or graduate) degree.
- All science prerequisites must have been completed within seven years of enrollment
- All prerequisites must be complete, with grades of C or better, by the end of the spring semester before you start the program. Evaluations of prerequisite courses will be conducted by the College of Nursing during the admissions review only. One-on-one evaluations are not available for prospective students.
- $500 tuition deposit (non-refundable) due within two weeks of admission offer.
* Upon admission, additional requirements may be implemented based on GPA; please see the UIC Graduate College website for full policy and details.
Application deadline is January 15. Learn about applying →
UIC undergraduate alumni and soon-to-be alumni who are applying to graduate Master’s and PhD programs could have their application fee waived. Only full or expected UIC alumni are eligible. This includes (1) Those students who have fully earned, or will earn, a UIC bachelor’s degree by the proposed term of enrollment in a UIC graduate program and (2) UIC seniors who are seeking concurrent graduate enrollment for the final year of their undergraduate study. Waiver does not apply to those who have attended UIC but not earned a degree, applicants to UIC professional programs, or alumni of UIUC or UIS.
Prerequisite Coursework Heading link
The following courses are required for admission to the Grad-Entry MS program. If you took comparable course outside of UIC, please use the online tool Transferology to determine equivalencies. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is transferable, please email Michael Behlke.
- Anatomy (or Anatomy & Physiology I) with lab (4 hours)
- Physiology (or Anatomy & Physiology II) with lab (4 hours)
- Chemistry with lab (4 hours) (General, Inorganic, Organic or Biochemistry accepted)
- Microbiology (3 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)