Requirements Heading link
The following criteria must be met in order for your application to the Master of Science in Nursing–Graduate-Entry program to receive full consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (any field)
- Most successful applicants have a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of their first undergraduate degree*
- 2.50/4.00 GPA in the four science prerequisites (excluding statistics), and at least 2 out of the 4 science prerequisite courses completed, on the uploaded transcripts, by the application deadline of Jan. 15
- Completion of 18 semester hours of prerequisite coursework by the end of the spring semester before you start the program
- All science prerequisites must have been completed within seven years of enrollment
- All prerequisites must be complete, with grades of C or better, by the end of the spring semester before you start the program. Evaluations of prerequisite courses will be conducted by the College of Nursing during the admissions review only. One-on-one evaluations are not available for prospective students.
- $500 tuition deposit (non-refundable) due within two weeks of admission offer.
* Upon admission, additional requirements may be implemented based on GPA; please see the UIC Graduate College website for full policy and details.
Prerequisite Coursework Heading link
The following courses are required for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing–Graduate-Entry program. If you took comparable course outside of UIC, please use the online tool Transferology to determine equivalencies. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is transferable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anatomy (or Anatomy & Physiology I) with lab (4 hours)
- Physiology (or Anatomy & Physiology II) with lab (4 hours)
- Chemistry with lab (4 hours) (General, Inorganic, Organic or Biochemistry accepted)
- Microbiology (3 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)