The following criteria must be met in order for your application to the Graduate-Entry MS program to receive full consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (any field)
- Most successful applicants have a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of their first undergraduate degree*
- 2.50/4.00 GPA in the four science prerequisites
- Completion of 18 semester hours of prerequisite coursework by the end of the spring semester before you start the program
- Official GRE test scores are required of applicants who had less than a 3.25/4.00 cumulative GPA in their most recently earned (baccalaureate or graduate) degree OR who have a baccalaureate degree in progress. Cumulative GPAs are calculated directly from submitted transcripts. The GRE is waived for applicants with a 3.25/4.00 GPA in their most recently earned (baccalaureate or graduate) degree.
- All science prerequisites must have been completed within seven years of enrollment
- All prerequisites must be complete, with grades of C or better, by the end of the spring semester before you start the program. Evaluations of prerequisite courses will be conducted by the College of Nursing during the admissions review only. One-on-one evaluations are not available for prospective students.
The following courses are required for admission to the Grad-Entry MS program. If you took comparable course outside of UIC, please use the online tool Transferology to determine equivalencies. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is transferable, please email Michael Behlke.
- Anatomy (or Anatomy & Physiology I) with lab (4 hours)
- Physiology (or Anatomy & Physiology II) with lab (4 hours)
- Chemistry with lab (4 hours) (General, Inorganic, Organic or Biochemistry accepted)
- Microbiology (3 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)